Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bean-o



One of my greatest fears in life is being a parent.  Not the actual fear of having a baby, but the fear that I won't live up to the standards my parents set by being the greatest mom and dad ever.  My mom will be turning 59 on July 3, 2011 and has two grandkids that have slowly turned into grandteens. She would love for a new baby to be around and one day I hope to give her that gift. By the time I was 10 my sister had moved out and for half the year it was just my mom and I, with my dad working 7 & 7.  I don't recall a morning when she didn't have breakfast cooked or was waiting to ask me what I wanted her to cook.  Today I don't even know if I had time to fix my own breakfast much less a kid's. But she did or found the time to do it. Bringing me to school, picking me up from school, class trips, field trips, after school functions she was there. Birthdays, Christmas she always got me what I really wanted. Legos. She let me pick out my own clothes, let me get the baseball bed sheet set with curtain. Let me nail posters to the wall. I got her a birthday card and couldn't figure out what to write in it. I was remembering all these things in my childhood and trying to write something to sum it up. I remember hearing her say once that she sometimes wished she would have been a career woman after I was growing up. She worked at Stone Motors currently Golden Motors until she became a full time mom. Which is the most stressful underpaid job on the planet. So I am writing this.


You got what you wanted. You were a career woman your whole life. You worked the toughest job ever, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for 28 years. You were under appreciated, underpaid, and overworked. You were and always will be much more than a stay at home mom. When I look back on the life I had growing up, the life I have now, and the life I will have in the future it is all because of you. I am forever grateful. Hope that makes up for not getting paid for 28 years. 


One Love All
JCP With the Meat

1 comment:

  1. Really sweet post to your momma... she will be so happy and probably even shed a tear or two!!!

    ReplyDelete